Why do we need goals? Because measuring performance is a very important aspect of any organization and goals help us monitor and track employee performance. So why not shift to something that’s highly effective? Objectives and key results (OKRs) is one of the most popular approaches for setting goals and achieving them.
If you wish to keep your team on track and align the work with the organization’s overall objectives, OKRs are a really great way to do so. It is recommended that you set OKRs at your team level and then move to individual OKRs. If you are looking for examples to get started with OKRs for your engineering team, here are a few examples that can help you get started!
Critical thinking is the basic essence of OKRs. These are examples that you can use as base to start framing OKRs for your team.
Also read: Wondering How to Conduct a Complete 360 Performance Review?
1. Objective: Improve software’s performance
- Create a checklist of standard procedure to follow
- Reduce number of critical bugs by 10%
- Reduce the average response time on the app to less than 500 ms
- 30% reduction in runtime warnings
2. Objective: Improve quality in every release
- Contribute to at least 1000 code reviews by the end of every sprint
- Increase sprint capacity from 85 to 100 SP
- Reduce bugs by 20% a week before release
3. Objective: Improve data security for users
- Upgrade processes and reduce data migration time by 80%
- Reduce occurrences of data breach to 100%
- Reduce breakdowns in the peak hours by 90%
- Increase security by 50% using new protocol for addressing product security issues
4. Objective: Update testing procedures
- Increase unit test coverage to 75% of code
- Revisit all open issues from 6 month old code and find up to 50 bugs
- Less than 3 bugs reported by end users per release
Also read: How To Set Effective Employee Goals?
Engagedly is offering a suite of products part of its Remote Work Toolkit free to any organisation, until Sept 30th, 2020.
The Coronavirus has affected the way we work today and for months to come. Unprecedented events require unprecedented measures. We at Engagedly believe it is our responsibility as socially conscious corporate citizens to help equip organisations with additional tools and resources during this time of crisis.
Get in touch with us to know more about the free remote working tool-kit.