Rewards – Admin Perspective
Engagedly has a gamification component that allows you to accrue points for certain activities. These points can later be redeemed in the form of rewards. Accumulating a certain number of points in the employee recognition software also unlocks badges, which are displayed on a user’s profile.
On the Settings page, under Rewards, administrators will see three options.
- Badges – Badges are basically icons that users receive for participating in the Engagedly application. There are 6 different badges and each badge has 5 levels. When a user accumulates a certain number of points for an activity in the employee recognition software, such as sharing knowledge with others in the organization for example, they will unlock badges.
- Gamification Rules – Certain activities in the Engagedly application are gamified in the Engagedly application. The number of points for each activity can be controlled from the Gamification Rules page.
- Rewards Redemption – Administrators can add gift cards to the Rewards section. This allows users to redeem their points according to the funds available on the card.
When you click on the Badges icon you can see a list of badges that are available for use. You can either create custom badges or use the system’s default badges. And while both custom and system badges can be edited, they cannot be deleted. It is however possible to deactivate custom badges.
How To Add A New Custom Badge?
Engagedly employee recognition software allows administrators to add new badges to the existing list of system badges.
Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Badges’. You will find the list of badges that are available by default Engagedly. If you add a new badge to this list, it will be added under the ‘Custom’ category of badges. The system badges that are available by default are shown under the ‘System’ category.
To add a new badge, click on ‘+Add Badge’ on the top right corner of the page.
Here you can fill in the details of the custom badge. Upload Badge image, add badge title, description and the point limits to unlock each level of badges. Click on create.
You can also add different badge images for different levels of badges by clicking on those images and uploading the image to be added.
When you click on Gamification Rules, you can list a list of activities that are gamified in Engagedly. The entirety of the Social module can be gamified and even the Learning and Feedback modules as well.
You can define the amount of points a user receives each time they participate in an activity. Just click on the number and edit as you like.
Currently, Engagedly gamification features allow you to tie up with Tango cards. By setting up a gift card, administrators can give users the option to redeem points. You can assign a conversion value to the points as well. Points that are redeemed once are used up and cannot be redeemed again. They will however still be displayed on the leaderboard.
Under the Locations tab, administrators can see a list of locations for which reward redemption cards can be set up. Select your location from the list and add a conversion value for the points. For example, if 100 points are equal to $1, then a users who has 1000 points can redeem his points for an item worth up to $10 at the store.
Under the Add Funds tab, administrators will need to add the Credit Card details. Funds from this card can then be transferred to the Tango card and periodically topped up as needed.
Under the Redemption History tab, administrators can see what all redemptions have been made so far.
Under the User History tab, administrators can see users and their redemptions at an individual level by clicking on the Redemption History and the Gamification History.
Gamification in Engagedly
Gamification in Engagedly can be enabled or disabled anytime. On the Settings page, there is an icon called Manage Features under Organization. Clicking on that icon shows you a list of features that can be enabled or disabled. Under Gamification, you can enable or disable:
- Points Redemption
- Ranks and Leaderboard
- Discretionary Points
Administrators can choose to enable or disable these features in any combination. For instance you can disable points redemption but still chose to keep the ranks and leaderboard.
To disable points completely, you have to go to the Gamification Rules pages and manually change the points to zero.
A leaderboard is displayed on the feed page of the organization. Users are ranked according to the amount of points they have accumulated. The person who has the most number of points in the organization is ranked first in the employee recognition software and then so on and so forth. The leaderboard automatically refreshes periodically to reflect new points that a user may have accumulated.
Gamifying the social module goes a long way towards increasing user participation. Administrators can decide how many points each activity merits by editing/assigning points on the Gamification Rules page. Users receive points when they create posts, when someone comments on their posts and likes their posts.
Course creators can assign points to a course, when they are creating a course. When a user successfully completes a course, they receive the points that the creator has assigned to the course. Once a user completes a course, they can review it. For each review a course gets, the course creator can receive a certain amount of points. These points have to be predetermined by the site administrator of course, on the Gamification Rules page.
When users give feedback to others, they receive a certain amount of points. Users who receive a ‘good work’ feedback can also receive a certain number of points. These points can be configured by the administrator on the Gamification Rules page.
How To Give Discretionary Points?
Engagedly allows you to award discretionary points to users in your organization. Click on the ‘+’ button on the bottom right end corner and select ‘Give Discretionary Points’.
Fill the form and specify how many points you want to give and to whom. After this select a custom badge. When you select a custom badge, your points will be added to the points existing on the custom badge. These points help users unlock various levels of the custom badge.
As an administrator, you can either enable or disable the permission to give discretionary points. Go to ‘Manage Features’ under the ‘Organization’ tab. Under ‘Gamification’, you can check ‘Discretionary Points’ to enable it.
As an administrator, if you do not want the points to be edited when users are awarding discretionary points, you can set ‘Fixed Points’ for custom badges.
When you award discretionary points to a user, you have an option to make the information of the points public or to make it visible only to specific users.
You can do it through the ‘Give Discretionary points’ form. By default, the discretionary points information is set visible to ‘Everyone’.
Note: Currently, Engagedly doesn’t have any budgetary control in place, if the reward redemption is enabled. You cannot undo the action after giving discretionary points to users.
Rewards – User Perspective
Users can accrue points for certain activities in Engagedly (if administrators have enabled the Gamification module). These points can later be redeemed in the form of rewards. Accumulating a certain number of points also unlocks badges, which are displayed on your profile.
Users can access the Rewards page by clicking on ‘Rewards’ from the left hand menu on the dashboard.
You will find four tabs on the ‘Rewards’ homepage:
- My Points – The ‘My Points’ tab shows you the list of activities you participated in and how many points you scored for each activity. This tab also shows you how many points you scored under each badge. You can see how many points you have accumulated under for each Badge, such as Guru, Engager, Rockstar etc by clicking on them.
- Badges – The ‘Badges’ tab shows you the list of badges and the number of points required to unlock each level for a badge.
- Store – The ‘Store’ tab allows you to redeem your points with a gift card from the available options on the page. You can only do this if the admin has set up the points redemption card.
- Gamification Rules – The ‘Gamification Rules’ tab shows you categorically, how many points you can accumulate for performing an activity on the application.
- Awarded Points – All the points that users have received as discretionary points can now be viewed under the the Awarded Points tab on the Rewards page. Users can also see a detailed history of their awarded points by clicking on Details.
Updated for Engagedly Release No: 2.9.2, dated January 12th 2017.